Best Active Crossover Home Audio
Nowadays, there are so many products of active crossover home audio in the market and you are wondering to choose a best one.You have searched for active crossover home audio in many merchants, compared about products prices & reviews before deciding to buy them.
You are in RIGHT PLACE.
Here are some of best sellings active crossover home audio which we would like to recommend with high customer review ratings to guide you on quality & popularity of each items.
Planet Audio EC20B 3-Way Electronic Crossover With Remote Subwoofer Control
- Provides three Filter circuits for a variety of set-up options
- Variable Low Pass: 32Hz to 250Hz, Variable High Pass: 40Hz to 400Hz.Bass Generator : Frequency response 10 Hz to 20 kHz, ±1 dB
- Frequency Multiplier: x1 or x20, Selectable Slope: 6dB or 18dB / octave
- Independent Front and Rear Level Controls, S / N: ≥ 85dB
- DC-to-DC Power Supply, Outputs for 3-Way or Front, Rear and
- Subwoofer System Configurations, Remote Subwoofer Control
How A Crossover Is Used
The Planet Audio EC20B three-way electronic crossover is a high-fidelity signal processor that allows you to customize the low level output of your input source (a car radio), so that the signal can be applied to an amplifier or amplifiers as a part of a two-way or three-way mobile audio system. It is intended for use in a car audio system which includes amplifiers in the signal path after the crossover, and provides front, rear, and subwoofer low level outputs via RCA connectors.
Parallel Input Selection
The EC20B is optimized for head units which provide outputs for Front (UR), Rear (UR), and Subwoofer (UR) channels. But what if your head unit only provides a single pair of stereo (UR) outputs? By setting the Parallel Input selector control to Out, the signal applied to the Front (UR) EC20B inputs will also be routed to the Rear channel. This eliminates the need for external Y-adaptors, which can sometimes add noise to the system. Now you can provide custom processing to the Rear channel independent of the settings you apply to the front.
- Crossover center frequency ranges: Front (high pass) – 40-400Hz or 800Hz-8kHz; Rear (high pass) – 40-400Hz; Subwoofer (low pass) – 32-250Hz
- Crossover slope, front and rear: selectable 6d8/octave or 18d8/octave
- Crossover slope, sub channel: 18dB/octave
- Bass Boost center frequency range: 25-250Hz
- Bass Boost level adjustment: 0-+12dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 110dB
- THD: 0. 01%
- Channel separation: 80dB
- Input impedance: 20kOhms
- Output impedance: 100 Ohms
- Output gain: 1:2 (+6dB)
- Power supply: PWM type
- Output voltage: 8V maximum1
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 5-1/8″ x 8-1/4″ x 1-3/4″
Front Channel Crossover Multiplier
By providing a way for you to select a frequency from either a Mids/Highs range or a Tweeter range for the Front channel crossover, we give you the choice to use this crossover in different applications. For example, you can use the Front channel as a stereo Tweeter channel by setting the Crossover Frequency Multiplier to the higher 800Hz-8kHz range, and Rear channel can serve as the Mids/Highs channel, for a three-way stereo system. Or you could create a four-channel system, with Front and Rear channels reproducing the Mids/Highs.
Subwoofer Input Mix Option
Many head units also lack a subwoofer channel output. In this situation, by setting the Sub Input control to Mix, the EC20B sub channel controls will be delivered a mix of L Front/Rear to the Subwoofer Left Channel and a mix of the R Front Rear to the Subwoofer Right channel. This eliminates the need for external Y adaptors and mixer devices.
Input, Output, Remote, And Power Connections
- Power LED
- Front And Rear L/R Inputs: Connect the outputs of your head units to these connections and be sure to place the Parallel Input selector in the In position.
- Parallel Input Selector: If your audio source only has one pair of RCA inputs, placing this switch in the Out position allows the signal source connected to the front inputs to also be routed to the rear channel of the EC20B.
- Sub Input Source Selector: If your audio source lacks a subwoofer channel output, placing this switch in the Mix position will apply a mix of the front and rear channel of each of the left and right inputs to the EC20B sub channel input.
- Subwoofer Channel Input: Connect the subwoofer channel of your head unit to these connectors and place the Sub Input selector in the Direct position. If no sub channel outputs are available, see “Sub Input Source,” above.
- +12V, Ground And Remote Turn-On Terminals: Use this control to select the highest frequency to be sent to the subwoofer channel. Choose a frequency between 32 Hz and 250Hz.
- Fuse Connector: Use only fuse with 3A rating.
- Front And Rear UR Outputs
- Subwoofer L/R Outputs
- Remote Level Control Connector
Front And Rear Channel Controls
- High Pass Crossover: Use this control to set the lowest frequency which will pass through the Front (or Rear) Channel of your system.
- High Pass Crossover Frequency Multiplier (front channel only): This selector sets the frequency range for the high pass crossover. Choose the x1 position for 40Hz-400Hz range, or x20 for 800Hz-8kHz range.
- Crossover Slope: Crossover slope determines how rapidly the drop-off in sound level, measured in decibels/octave, occurs at the frequency selected by the crossover. One octave is equal to one-half of the currently selected frequency. For example, if you set the crossover to 80Hz and the slope to 18dB, the level at 40Hz to be 18dB lower than at 80Hz.
- Output Level Control: This control allows you to independently set the output level of the channel.
Rockville RX230 2 Stereo / 3 Way Mono Crossover with XLR Input and Output
- Rockville RX230 2-way Stereo / 3-way Mono rack mountable crossover. Ability to mix 2 channels output. 24dB/Octave filters. Mute switches.
- Channel Gain Control: 0 to +12 dB. Low Frequency Level Control: -∞ to +6 dB. High Frequency Level Control: -∞ to +6 dB.
- Low Frequency to High Frequency crossover: 100Hz to 1 Khz x10 range: Changes. Low Frequency to Mid Frequency from (100 Hz to 1 kHz) to (1kHz to 10 kHz).
Rockville RX230 2-way Stereo / 3-way Mono rack mountable crossover
Ability to mix 2 channels output
Channel Gain Control: 0 to +12 dB
Low Frequency Level Control: -∞ to +6 dB
High Frequency Level Control: -∞ to +6 dB
Low Frequency to High Frequency crossover: 100Hz to 1 Khz x10 range: Changes
Low Frequency to Mid Frequency from (100 Hz to 1 kHz) to (1kHz to 10 kHz)
Switchable 2-way stereo or 3-way mono operation
Subwoofer X-Over Freq ( 30Hz – 200Hz ) adjustable
Subwoofer Gain -6 to +6 dB
Each output is -3 dB at the selected crossover frequency value. Outputs are
essentially flat within their relative passbands.
Distortion: Less than 0.02% THD @ +4 dBu,@ 1 kHz
Hum and Noise: Crossover controls set @ 1 kHz, all level controls set at 0 dB;
22 Hz to 22 kHz, unweighted gain @ 0dB(ref +4dBu) – 90dB
Low Frequency Output: -86 dBu below 80 dB
High Frequency Output: -84 dBu below -78 dB
Maximum Input Level: +14 dBu, (channel gain @ 0 dB input level controls set at 0
dB) +22 dBu
Maximum Output Level: +22 dBu, unbalanced +28 dBu, balanced
Input Impedance: 10k ohms unbalanced
Dimensions: 19 x 4.85 x 1.8 inches
Gross weight: 4.18 Lbs
Inputs: XLR Balanced
Outputs: XLR Balanced
Power Requirements: 120V AC, 50/60 Hz, 20 watts
Planet Audio EC10B 2-Way Electronic Crossover With Remote Subwoofer Control
- Offers the same quality and performance of the EC20B in a two way (high-pass / low-pass) configuration
- Variable Low Pass: 35 Hz to 400 Hz, Variable High Pass: 50 Hz to 1.5 kHz
- Crossover Slope: 6 dB / octave, Independent Front and Rear Level Controls
- S / N: ≥ 85 dB, DC-to-DC power supply
- Subwoofer Phase, Remote Subwoofer Control
- Variable Bass Boost 0 to +12 dB @ 45 Hz
How A Crossover Is Used
The Planet Audio EC10B two-way electronic crossover is a high-fidelity signal processor that allows you to customize the low level output of your input source (such as a car radio), so that the signal can be applied to an amplifier or amplifiers as a part of a two-way mobile audio system. It is intended for use in a car audio system which includes amplifiers in the signal path after the crossover, and provides front, rear, and subwoofer low level outputs via RCA connectors.
Input, Output, Remote, And Power Connections
- Power LED
- Remote Level Control Connector
- Left/Right Low Level (RCA) Inputs: If your head unit has low level (RCA) two-channel outputs, connect the outputs of your head units to these connections.
- Left/Right High Level (speaker) Inputs: If your head unit lacks low level (RCA) two-channel outputs, connect the outputs of your head units to these connections. Do not connect both high level and low level inputs to the EC10B.
- Left/Right Low Pass (Subwoofer) Outputs
- Left/Right High Pass (Highs/Mids) Outputs
- +12V, Ground And Remote Turn-On Terminals: Use this control to select the highest frequency to be sent to the subwoofer channel. Choose a frequency between 50 Hz and 250Hz.
- Fuse Connector: Use only fuse with 3A rating
Front And Rear Channel Controls
- Output Level Control: Use this control to set the output level for the low pass (subwoofer) channel.
- Bass Boost Level Control: Use this control to set the amount of bass boost which will be added to this channel.
- Low Pass Frequency Control: This control will set the highest frequency which will pass through the low pass (subwoofer) channel of your system.
- Output Mode Selector: Use this to select either Mono or Stereo signal output to be delivered to the low pass (subwoofer) outputs.
- Phase Selector: This control will let you select the output phase of the low pass (subwoofer) channel for the best time alignment and imaging.
- Output Level Control: Use this control to set the output level for the high pass (Highs/Mids) channel.
- Low Pass Frequency Control: This control will set the lowest frequency which will pass through the high pass (Mids/Highs) channel of your system.
- Left And Right High Level (speaker) Input Gain Controls: If you are using the high level inputs, use these controls to set the high input gain levels for each channel.
Polk Audio PSW10 10"Powered Subwoofer – Featuring High Current Amp and Low-Pass Filter | Up to 100 Watts | Big Bass at a Great Value | Easy integration Home Theater Systems
- POWERED SUBWOOFER FOR EXTRA BASS & PUNCH - A 10-inch Dynamic Balance woofer & a uniquely configured directed port provides accurate bass with added depth that brings your music and movies alive. A perfect solution for your small-to-mid size room
- LOUDER CLEARER SOUND EVEN AT HIGH VOLUME - Enjoy a thrilling yet balanced music experience with rich, deep sound, even at low frequencies. BLENDS EASILY WITH ANY SPEAKER and plays the most demanding nodes effortlessly without any distortion. PSW Series subwoofers blend perfectly with systems composed of other Polk loudspeakers, especially TSi, RM and R/T/M Series speakers
PSW10 fills in the bottom end of your home theater system. Relieve your main speakers from performing bass duty and let them work on the mids and highs. PSW10 is a great addition to any subwooferless system and will bring your movie watching experience to the next level. All woofers feature a floor coupled downward firing port. This configuration brings you maximum bass impact while keeping the front of the cabinet as low profile as possible. All Polk products are made using the best materials and the most advanced manufacturing techniques. They pass the industry’s most exhaustive quality tests, including drop testing, extreme signal response and UV & salt exposure testing. Polk loudspeakers are built to perform for a lifetime. The voltage of the item is Standard US Voltage / 120 volts.
Acoustic Audio PSW-12 500 Watt 12-Inch Down Firing Powered Subwoofer (Black)
- Acoustic Audio PSW-12 Specialty Series home theater powered subwoofer, 500 watts peak power, frequency response is 24Hz-250Hz, efficiency is 98dB, 8ohm impedance
- Built in digital drive high efficiency amplifier, 12” down firing long throw subwoofer, high rigidity PVA treated cone, adjustable independent gain control
- Low level and speaker level inputs and outputs, variable low pass frequency crossover control, signal sensing auto shut off function, phase control switch, bottom slotted bass port
Acoustic Audio’s Audiophile Series powered subs immerse you in the action of your fast-paced movies and sports. Add impact to your favorite movies and full-bodied bass to your favorite tunes with a sub that’s barely a cubic foot. Its stylish design and superior sound make it a smart addition to any home theater. Its elegant black ash finish is refined and complements most flat-panel displays. It features a high-current, 500-watt amp which effortlessly drives its down-firing 12″ woofer for dynamic low-frequency effects. The high and low inputs let you use any receiver or processor. The 12″ woofer utilizes a long excursion cone for deep, accurate response. The MDF bass-reflex enclosure features internal bracing, and a 24Hz to 250Hz frequency response delivers thumping bass from all your action movies and CD albums.
Sony SACS9 10-Inch Active Subwoofer
Technical Pro XO3 3 Way Crossover with Subwoofer Output, 20Hz-25kHz 1dB Frequency Response, Black
Crossover: Sub: 50-250Hz; Lo/Mid 70-1000Hz; Mid/Hi 480-7000Hz Frequency Response: 20Hz-25kHz 1dB Low Cut Filters: 30Hz / -3dB, 12dB/Octave Inputs: 1/4" (6.35mm) Outputs: Balanced XLR, 1/4" (6.35mm) Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.05% Signal to noise ratio: >95dB Impedance: Input – 100 Kohms, Output – 220 ohms Dimensions: 19"w x 1.75"h x 5.75"d (483 x 45 x 146mm) Weight: 5.5 lbs (2.5 kg) 110-220V Switchable
Yamaha 10" 100W Powered Subwoofer – Black (NS-SW100BL)
Polk Audio PSW10 10-Inch Powered Subwoofer (Single, Black) (Renewed)
- Single 10-inch subwoofer in black with built-in high-current amplifier for big bass
- Equipped with one 10-inch polymer-composite dynamic-balance cone driver. Line- and speaker-level inputs and speaker level outputs allow easy connection to any system
- Laser-based Klippel measurement technology for improved linearity and deep, precise sound. Low-Pass Crossover Frequency : 80-160 Hz
- Non-resonant all-MDF enclosure construction with 0.75-inch-thick baffles and internal bracing. Amplifier Continuous Power - 50 watts.Amplifier Dynamic Power - 100 watts
OSD Audio SS8 Low Profile Home Theater Powered Subwoofer with 8” Injection Cone Woofer and 200W Power Output
- BIG BASS IN A SMALL PACKAGE: A slim-profile powered subwoofer with 200W of power output for big bass sound in a small cabinet size
- FOR ANY SIZE SPACE: Fits neatly under sofas, coffee tables or bed and delivers mind-blowing low frequency sound effects to otherwise weak sounding surround systems
- LARGE 8" WOOFER: Durable 8" injected cone produces high sound pressure while cutting distortion on the low end for amazing bass notes on movie or music soundtracks
AOSHIKE 400W Adjustable Multi Speaker Treble/Bass 2 Unit Audio Frequency Divider 2 Way Crossover Filters Updated Version
- Size: 7*5*2.5cm (LWH)
- Inductance adopts anaerobic copper winding , and pure copper wire.
- The crossover soprano + available bass binary frequency sound box, can also be used in 2.1 the high small satellite box and automotive loudspeakers.
- Implementing overall debugging, no welding, using very convenient, and listening to the sound effects can implement debugging control according to their own interests.
1)Size: 7*5*2.5cm (LWH)
2)Suitable for Speaker Power: 400W or lower
3)Suitable for Speaker Impedance: 4 to 16 ohm
With 4 jumpers onboard to optimize your audio effect: Jumper A, B for bass; Jumper C, D for treble.
Details about jumpers:
Jumper A, B are used to control audio effect of bass range. A for lower limit while B for upper limit of the bass audio range. For some speakers, when Bass is turned up too much, the speaker will show distortion. When that happens: we remove the jumper cap of jumper A to limit super low Bass to bring distortion lower. When we remove the cap of jumper B, Bass is increased while cap of Jumper B is on, Bass is decreased. Jumper C and D are used to control Treble range. When cap of both jumper C and D are on, the sound of treble is loudest. When only cap C is on, the treble sound is lower. When only cap D is on, further lower. When both caps of C and D are removed, there is no treble sound. (Generally speaking, with the four jumpers, you’d sooner or later find your best sound effect. Anyway, all effects still depend on your actual test.)
How to use the splitter board:
First connect as per our diagram above (Treble, Low, Input), connect to speaker, seal air gap, we can begin to hear music while optimize. Normally we use jumper A and let B idle.
For jumper C and D: we need to hear the actual effect of treble.
A general formula is: A+D=better Bass; A+C=clear Treble and Bass;
A+CD=clear Treble and Bass (the overall effect inclined towards Treble); AB+CD=more mediant frequency.
When Bass effect is unnecessarily high, we can remove cap A. Please optimize until you think the sound is best, and then fix the board with your speaker unit.
1pcs*Crossover Filters 400W
Yamaha 8" 100W Powered Subwoofer – Black (NS-SW050BL)
Best active crossover home audio: Top-Rated Brands & What to Buy